Monday, August 2, 2010

Pet Peeves

We all have them. I have decided to collect mine and share them. I am not sure if this is some sort of confession, a plea to the rest of the world to adapt to my point of view, or simply cathartic. Here goes...

1. When "ya know" routinely gets inserted into random spots in a sentence.
2. Bickering during backyard sports.
3. When the paper towel dispenser in public bathrooms is hung directly over the trash can.
4. Being interrupted.
5. Being made to be late because of someone else's poor planning.
6. Going to a drive through and then, because the service is too slow, being asked to go park and the server will walk the food out to you. If I had the time to park, I would have done that in the first place, right?
7. Whining. Enough said.
8. Pants that are too tight. Can you say muffin top?
9. Being asked what I want to give or receive for Christmas, birthdays, etc. In my view, getting or giving a gift is being observant and sneaky enough to both discern what others would truly enjoy and drop enough creative hints to be the recipient of treasures I adore. If I fail on either side of the equation, well...that's on me.
10. When a dog's waste isn't picked up by the animal's owner in public places (parks, sidewalks, etc.).
11. Poor communication that leads to misunderstanding...it's so avoidable.
12. The norm that says wearing sneakers with dresses/skirts to take a walk while at work is OK. In my book, it is never OK.
13. Men/boys who pee on the seat. I don't care if you have the aim of a self-guided missile, there is always spray. C'mon now...lift the seat!
14. When children are sent out in public with fevers, sore throats, etc. It is one thing if an adult chooses to do that, but making that choice for a child irks me to no end.

Feel free to comment and add a few of yours. I am quite sure I will have a part two to this post at some point, so don't feel bad if your list is longer than mine!

Photo from Blog Goggles, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment