Sunday, March 30, 2014

Privilege Diary Entry #1

This is the beginning of a journey for me. With this blog post, I mark the beginning of my diary about white privilege, bias, racism and oppression. Yesterday, I came home from a week-long conference on this topic. Given my penchant toward communication, one of the ideas that arose from the conference was to document my thinking about privilege over the coming days. I don't intend to offer conclusions (yet), just transparent thinking and a chronicle/collection of experiences. And so I begin.

This was the sign I saw when I leaving the conference.



It is clearly appealing to the male provider mindset. Typically this mindset is coming from a white-framed mindset. Perhaps it should say, "Not bought your boyfriend here yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment