Monday, July 27, 2015

Quinoa Salad

I have looked at not more than 40 quinoa recipes in the last 24 hours. Unfortunately, I didn't have the ingredients for any of them in my house. My sister was coming to my house for dinner and I REALLY wanted to make quinoa salad. Why? I don't know.

So, I sort of cobbled several recipes together and made my own. And it came out delicious.

Here's what I did...

Ingredients
• one large cucumber, seeded and diced.
• one large tomato, seeded and diced. • one vidalia onion, diced.
• one cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa).
• about 20 large leaves of basil, cut into small pieces (I used kitchen shears).
• one lemon.
• 1/4 cup olive oil.
• 1/8 cup red wine vinegar.
• one ripe avacado, seeded and diced.
• salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

Instructions
Put the cucumber, tomato, onion, cooked quinoa, and basil in a bowl. Add the oil, vinegar and juice from the lemon. Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, dice and add the avacado. Stir all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment