Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

Family Friendly Meals Series, Day 7

I was going to post my "baked potato night" plan for Day 7, but it is such a cold and raw day that I had to post a soup recipe...despite the fact that the early portion of this series has been very chicken-tastic.

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
6 chicken bouillon cubes
4 cups of veggies...you choose the ones your family likes: carrots, onions, celery, corn, tomato are my family's favorites.
1.5-2 cups of fine egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste

1. Soften your bouillon cubes in a small bowl of warm water.
2. Lay frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. I put all the onions and carrots in a food processor to dice them really small...then my kids eat them! If I am pressed for time, I skip the celery. I put the tomatoes in whole after I skin them as they will fall apart on their own in the slow cooker. The easiest way I know to skin a tomato is to put it in boiling water for 1 minute and then the skin comes off easily. Put all the diced veggies on top of the chicken in the slow cooker. (If you decide to add frozen corn, add that later.)
4. Put 9 cups of water into the slow cooker and then add the bowl of water and softened bouillon cubes.
5. Put the slow cooker on low and go do whatever you need to.
6. 8-9 hours later, shred the chicken with the edge of a spatula. And add the corn and noodles.
7. Eat half an hour later!

Add salt and pepper to taste! File this recipe under "easy, peeezy, lemon-squeezy."

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! My last slow cooker experiment flopped...so I'm due for a winner. What if you don't mind bigger chunks of veggies? Will they still properly cook?

    ReplyDelete