Saturday, April 3, 2010

Asparagus and Rhubarb

Spring has sprung in my backyard. After a 48-hour window where Paul and I were bailing water out of our basement because spring rain had swelled the water table above the foundation of our house, I was beyond thrilled to find that mother nature was still taking care of the growing cycle of the fruits and veggies that annually appear in my backyard. They are a beautiful sight that made me almost cry. The bright red nub of rhubarb made my taste buds squirt and the purply-pink finger of asparagus is as pretty to me as the periwinkle that surrounds the trunk of the maple tree on my front lawn. And now I am off to a little league scrimmage. Yes! Spring has sprung.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the buds!!! Praise them!!

    Hope you're well! Conrats to T! Hi to Paul and Hayden (and to Turner).

    Bouna Pasqua!!!

    ReplyDelete