Friday, September 3, 2010

Funny Story

Just as I am about to serve dinner, my children come bursting into the kitchen and say that they want to go to do parkour, their latest hobby and a fantastic workout, at the local middle school with their buddies who live next door. It is completely irrelevant to them that I have worked for the last hour and a half to make home made turkey/lentil/barley soup, corn bread and salad. They just want to go play. And while I could have said no, I had said no the previous two nights and after all it is Friday.

As I watched them pull away I was venting my frustrations to my hubby Paul, saying things like, "This has to stop. Why don't they (a 13 and 10 year old) understand my feelings?" And many other equally absurd things. The very last thing I said to Paul was, "You know what Paulie? I think I might finally be developing a temper." Heretofore I have been known for having a very long fuse. Anywhooooo....

I decide to turn the corner on my evening by opening a bottle of merlot. I reach down to the wine rack and grabbed a bottle. Now it is time to look closely at the image I posted with this blog. It is the label for the wine I chose. Are you noticing the name?

There is a bitter irony here. Cosmic forces at work? Yes, I think so.

Sidenote: It was quite tasty. Spicy and zippy without having a bite. Paul and I both liked it very much. And it retails for only $10 a bottle. Plus, the vintner is a chic...so I say, "You go girl."

2 comments:

  1. Sweet irony, I think.

    Hilarious.

    Glad it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feelings about the boys' enthusiasm for their friends and parkour relative to dinner with mom (who was sad, sad, sad when they went back to school at the end of summer) are completely understandable.

    You might want to find a way to tell them how much you enjoyed their company all summer and that you were sad when summer was over b/c it meant you'd have less time with them.

    Of course, they love you very much, and at the same time, a delicious dinner with mom doesn't make the list of exciting things to do. They're exploring the big world outside their family like a compass drawn to magnetic North.

    It's really great you and Paul enjoyed your delicious dinner and tasty but obnoxious wine together.

    I enjoyed seeing Paul's commercial. Thank you and Paul for posting it.

    Here's to a wonderful Labor Day weekend at The French's.

    ReplyDelete